Thursday, September 25, 2008

MBA not required

My friend Lama Devi (aka Priya) who is brilliant at studies decided that she wanted to do her MBA. Ok. Thats great stuff when you wants to do good work in the future but what she actually must get an award for is the word - Diversify!

Diversification in finance is a risk management technique, related to hedging, that mixes a wide variety of investments within a portfolio. Because the fluctuations of a single security have less impact on a diverse portfolio, diversification minimizes the risk from any one investment

Let me explain that better. Lama Devi is the name she was given by a friend because this girl seems to have a left brain - right brain balance which is unmatched and will be able to make you see things that are good for you when you are confused or in a state of Panic. Her favourite word to me has been- Diversify. Which to me means - Multitask to her it means Try Everything Life.

Her gyan to me has been "Meet different people (men). That way you'll have an open mind and wont get hung up on one person. And if you feel that there is a connection only then move forward". I wont go into the details
of my learnings from all the liesurely exchanges we've had on Life but my take has been that I finally did Diversify. I quit the rat race to go solo but diversify in Life by doing the things I always wanted to. Travel, meet people, do good work, relax, read a book etc etc.


So all you need to do is meet Lama Devi to get an MBA on Life.

Note:
She goes away to work in the UK in the next few days. So if anyone needs any Gyan please send in enquiries asap!