Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I see fireflies lighting up the path for me……!......Thankyou god

Things happen for a reason. Old saying. And everything happens for the best. And I’m grateful for everything, truly.

Some things make happy in the long run (whatever that means) and some things will make me happy forever. I figured I want to share my love for music, art, the wilderness, food, culture - in short – I want to share my lust for life with my family and friends.


The last 12 years have been spent in doing the regular stuff. Now I cant wait to for the rest my life to begin. From regular office going life which suited me just fine (I’m lazy and bad with money!!) to a life that that may seem some sort madness – but get fireflies these days to show me the way. I trying to get through the bills, mails, meetings, driving to work early, performing at work etc etc just like I have forever but all the time I’m saying to myself – not for long (hopefully).

My dad once told me – even if you win, you’re still a rat!
No way in hell. Nothing wrong with wanting to be a rat but ultimately you’re stinky, disliked and eat out of other people’s plate. I would be happy to eat dal – chawal on a banana leaf and photograph or paint it or just take it all in as a memory.

As I write this piece I’m sitting in a meeting room with 9 other people. I’m sitting at one end and the projector is at the other end. Thankfully I not presenting, only listening (multi-tasking Gemini). To me this looks like a path with the fireflies going about their business while my mind wanders. I see fireflies again – this time in the day!