Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sneakers for my old age

I have a disease – I’m not politically incorrect.

Once upon a time (fresh out of Art College) I was around some friends and discussing our wishlist in life. What we want at 50 - ??

Answers ranged as follows:

  1. House full of art and grand kids
  2. Farmhouse outside delhi
  3. Want to be a famous/rich painter
  4. Want to work with the worlds top advertising firms
  5. Want to design accessories and clothes

My answer – I want to own the finest sneakers. If god is kind then a car or a bicycle will be nice.

My friends ofcourse had a priceless (pun intended) look on their face. Next question was – Why?

My answer – so that I can see and experience as much as I can of this beautiful piece of art/architecture that I’m standing on!

Silence. Then laughter followed. The they fun of me. And I took it in my stride. Frankly I didn’t take myself too seriously also. Maybe not a 100% anyway. So then I was asked for a more realistic answer so I gave a one (as some of you may know I even got that wish for a while)!

Time went by – I got into the madness of life. Though I must admit I’ve loved most part of it and I guess it’s the experiences that make you. I love all my friends and have met some amazingly nice people. They have so much heart. Makes me want to be a better person. I guess I’m plain lucky. Ultimately its only that stuff you remember, atleast that’s the way its with me.

So I guess its time to make them all pray again for me so that I do get my pair of sneakers! :-)