Monday, July 28, 2008

Status: single/married/seperate/in a relationship/rich/poor/religious (specify religion)/gay/kinky/boss/subordinate/

Status is a matter of curiosity, I discovered that fact over the weekend. And felt like the paparazzi was following me and I'm Kate Moss..........no not funny.........actually some of it is.

I have a profile on a networking site where all my friends are listed. Some are from way back, some I met at parties, some are people I got along at work with so I allowed them to have a little window to know what I'm about. Its really quite a timepass to see some of my irresponsible/flunky friends from school and college become responsible people.

On my profile it showed some information that I thought was unimportant. It said I am single!!!! - what i dint know was it was such a matter of curiosity. Not realizing that my action to just not display that fact would have my inbox bombed!!!! And my phone also spammed!! I was amused and horrified at the same time. So I did try to explain to a few of them but then decided that I dont have to do this. And at some point I started to get really irritated. So I've let it be.

The experience was incredible though. The fact that so many people get a kick about knowing whether you are single/married/seperate/in a relationship/rich/poor/religious (specify religion)/gay/kinky/boss/subordinate/...........okay thats a bit much but you get the picture. I cant deny that maybe i would react the same way if i were the audience but this one was an eye opener.